Publication Policies and Procedures
All journal submissions are double blind, peer reviewed by members of the Editorial Review Board. The Editor strives to maintain an acceptance rate of 20% or less for first time submissions. The steps of the review process are as follows:
- The journal Editor reviews papers for appropriateness, and uses a plagiarism verification tool to ensure the work has not been plagiarized.
- The Editor sends out the manuscript to two reviewers, without disclosing the identities of the authors or other reviewer.
- The review results are confidentially delivered to the Editor, who then reviews the reviewer feedback to ensure the comments are relevant and non-discriminatory before sending the comments back to the authors.
- The reviewer feedback and Editor’s decision is sent to the authors without disclosing the identiy of the reviewers, and the authors are instructed on what to do if they wish to revise and resubmit their papers.
- Revised papers are sent back to the Editors who send the revised paper back to the original reviewers.
- Feedback from the second round of reviews are processed the same way. In rare cases, authors are given a second chance to revise and resubmit their papers should they not be found acceptable after the first revision.
- If accepted for journal publication, the authors are notified by the Editor and provided with instructions on how to submit their paper for publication. Among the requirements are 1) the paper must be formatted according to the Formatting Guidelines, 2) all authors must read and agree to the terms of the Permission to Publish, and 3) that each author become a member of the Institute for Global Business Research. Membership includes the ability to publish in any one of the IGBR sponsored journals, as well as discounts on hard copies of the journals. Membership is currently $100 per year. No other publication or submissions fees are required.
Publication Ethics Policy follows the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors, reviewers and authors. Here is a breakdown of the standards:
Journals remain transparent and neutral to regions, religion, and should not discriminate based on the age, gender, race, and people that are physically challenged. We strictly abide by the review for publication ethics as recommended by the COPE and remain transparent in acknowledging the source while publishing the information on a collaborative mode.
Submitted manuscripts are the original work of the author(s), and that all contributing authors are listed and given credit. Manuscripts have not been published nor are under consideration by another journal concurrently. All sources of data used in the development of the manuscript are properly cited.
Manuscripts are reviewed based on the intellectual content of the paper without regard of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of author(s). Conflicts of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor. Manuscript information is kept confidential. Any concerns regarding the review of a manuscript are communicated to the Editor.
Manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper without regard of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry or political values of authors. Conflicts of interest pertaining to submitted manuscripts must be disclosed. Manuscript information is confidential. Publication decisions of submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement rest with the Editorial Board.
Right of Editors and Reviewers to Publish in Journals:
Editors and reviewers are allowed to publish their original research in the journals for which they review. If an Editor wishes to have a paper considered for publication, either the Co-Editor or Associate Editor take on the responsibility of sending that paper out for review. The review process for papers by Editors and Reviewers is the same as any other paper and no preference is given. A strict blind review process is maintained in all cases.
Journals that become discontinued for any reason will remain archived on the Journal’s website indefinitely. These discontinued journals will be open to the general public and continue to be available in various indexes and repositories.
Retractions and Corrections:
Should any paper need to be removed or edited from a Journal that has already been published, that Journal will be updated accordingly and republished to the Journal’s website. Depending on the reason for the retraction or correction, the authors may be subject to republication fees. If the correction stems from author error, a republication fee may apply. Corrections due to publisher error will be handled without charge. Authors will be advised of any charges before any changes are made.
All journals will be made available to the public at no extra charge through the IGBR website. Journals will also be listed in a number of prominent search engines (i.e. Google Scholar, EBSCO, Proquest, etc.). The aim is to make research openly accessible to foster the spread of knowledge and ideas to all those who may be interested, and to increase the visibility of authors’ research.
Decisions regarding advertising in a Journal are made by the Board of Directors. Advertising that may be suitable include, but are not limited to: Higher education institutions, research organizations, publishing companies, academic organizations, writing assistance and translation services, journal indexing companies, conference organizers, event coordinators and the like. Types of advertising currently accepted include image and text ads placed on the Journal website, as well as image and text ads included in the body of the Journal itself.
All authors of accepted manuscripts warrant that the manuscript is original and has not been submitted for publication or published elsewhere. All of the authors further warrant that, where necessary, they have obtained necessary releases from companies or individuals involved in or with the manuscript. All authors further warrant that the undersigned are the sole authors of this work. All authors hereby authorize the Institute for Global Business Research (IGBR) to publish the manuscript in the aforementioned Journal and, in consideration of the publication of the manuscript, agree to hold the IGBR, its assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, employees, directors and agents harmless and agree to defend the IGBR, its assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, employees, directors and agents in any action for damages which might arise as a direct or indirect result of the publication of the manuscript and to defend the IGBR, its assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, employees, directors and agents from third party liability associated with the manuscript and its publication. In consideration of the publication of the manuscript, all authors expressly assign ownership of the copyright and all rights to the manuscript to IGBR, and all authors expressly grant to IGBR, or its assigns, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, employees, directors or agents: 1. The right to edit, clarify and shorten the manuscript, if the IGBR deems it necessary; and, 2. The right to republish, amend and summarize all or part of the manuscript in any compilation of manuscripts which the IGBR might publish, and, 3. The right to make the manuscript and the journal in which it is published available to databases, or distributors which might be involved in disseminating manuscripts or journals to various audiences.